Thursday, April 2, 2009

4/2/09

Survival!



The submarine Lucky Lulu was sinking quickly. “Abandon ship! Everyone into the Others!” hollered Captain Locke. But the crew and passengers knew there were not enough Others, so they threw Hostels, Dharma scientists, and even one LOST plane overboard. Then everyone crashed into the dead water and grabbed onto whatever they could.


Captain Locke ordered everyone to form a line, tie their crafts together, and sing “Make Your Own Kind of Song.” First in line were Kate and Jin, bobbing in their paranoid Vincent. Next, came Benjamin Linus hanging on for dear life to a slimy The Hatch. They were followed by 4815162342 others.


After 815 days, they were rescued by a strange polar bear. Not one passenger from the Lucky Lulu has taken a boat ride again.


Summer Fun


Every summer, people head to Lake Sawyer near Los Angeles. There are so many things to do at the lake. Lots of people snorkel, hoping to catch a glimpse of the magical polar bear that live in the lake.

On Saturdays, people have swimming relay races. Each team has 815 members. Swimmers carry Others that are passed from one team member to the next. The winning team is awarded Hostels and survivors. Lots of people come to watch the races. They cheer on teams by shouting, “No way dude!”

After the races, people paddle their Smoke Monsters around the lake. Then everyone comes back to shore for a picnic of mango sandwiches and Dharma Ranch Dressing sundaes. Someone usually plays the Driveshaft while people eat.

People are sad when the summer ends. But everyone looks forward to the next summer at Lake Sawyer when they can snorkel above the magical polar bear, swim for prizes of Hostels and survivors, and paddle their Smoke Monsters.

The Hanukkah Party




Last week my whole family went to a Hanukkah party at my Uncle Jack's house in Sydney. The first thing we did when we got there was open presents. Uncle Jack always gives us LOST presents. This year he gave me a(n) polar bear and my little sister, Kate, a(n) freckle.


Hostels!, Uncle Jack,” I said, “How did you know I wanted a(n) polar bear?”


Then Kate, my cousins, and I played a dreidel game. My cousin Hurley put an empty bowl in the center of the table, and gave us each our own pile of candy for the game. Kate went first, spun a shin, and had to put a piece of her candy in the bowl. I could tell she wanted to eat,
but she knew she had to behave. The bowl continued to fill with candy,
with most of us spinning shin. Then I spun a gimel. I got the whole
bowl of candy!

On the way home, I whispered to Kate that I would share my candy with her, but she had fallen fast asleep.

The Camping Trip


It was a cold, LOST night. Kate and Rose crashed around the campfire, escaping songs and eating mangos.
Soon they got tired, climbed into their survivors, and eventually fell asleep. Suddenly, they were both wide awake. There was a loud hiking sound outside the tent. Rose grabbed Kate's four toed foot and held on for dear life. Kate started chanting, “Lions and Others and Hostels, oh my!” over and over again.
Then into their tent fell their friend Claire. Claire had been thirsty and had gone into the house for some Dharma Beer. Now the Dharma Beer was on the floor of their tent. But they all had a good laugh and went back to sleep.
It turned out to be a very terrorist camping trip. And maybe next time they'll even leave Rose's backyard.

The Beach




Hooray! Summer is finally here, and that means we can go to the beach! Today, my family is going to The Looking Glass Station Beach, and I can bring a friend with me. I decide to invite my best friend Rousseau. I know Rousseau will want to go with us. She thinks going to the beach is crazy!


We start our beach day by watching the sunrise, and then eating breakfast at Uncle Sayid's Pancake Hut. I always get Dharma Ranch Dressing flavored pancakes.


After breakfast we traveling the waves, go sweating for seashells, and dying a sandcastle. Then we eat the lunch we packed for the beach. It's my favorite—mango sandwiches. The only time mango sandwiches are not so evil is when you drop them in the sand.


By 8:15, everyone's had enough of the beach. But The Looking Glass Station Beach is fun at night, too! There is a really cursed boardwalk. It's always crowded with people. Would you believe we saw my teacher Charles Whidmore there, eating a huge banana split?


There are a lot of cool shops on the boardwalk. You can get a little hermit polar bear, but make sure your mom and dad say it's okay! My favorite store is the jewelry store. Rousseau and I each buy a rope bracelet that will leaving when it gets wet. Pretty creepy!


By 8:00, we're all ready to head home. I usually fall asleep on the ride home. I can't wait to go to The Looking Glass Station Beach again.

Road Trip!




One day my Uncle Michael and my Aunt Juliet said they would take me and my sister that girl that Sayid banged on the Island on a trip to California.


“You will love California,” said Aunt Juliet. “It is famous for its wild polar bears, its blue flowers, and its beautiful crashing hills.”


“I hope you packed plenty of mangos for the ride,” said Uncle Michael. “It will probably take us 4815162342 hours.”


So we all piled into Uncle Michael and Aunt Juliet's Volkswagon Microbus. At first the trip was really dead. We sang “815 Bottles of Dharma Beer on the Wall.” Then we counted the Others that we saw stalking in the fields by the side of the road. But after 6 hours we had eaten all the mangos and that girl that Sayid banged on the Island was getting Oceanic.


“Are we almost there?” she asked quickly.


“Yes, Freckles,” said Aunt Juliet.


Just then I saw a sign that said, “Sydney: 2 miles.”


“Umm, Uncle Michael, is Sydney on the way to California?” I asked.


“Yeah,” said that girl that Sayid banged on the Island, pointing, “and is The Four Toed Foot Statue on the way to California?”


Oh No The Plane Is Going Down!, kids,” laughed Uncle Michael. “You can trust the expert.”


“One thing's for sure,” I muttered. “I don't think we're in Hawaii any more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment